Wednesday, October 15, 2014

From Planting To Harvest

As I made my way home this morning from a much needed walk, I stopped to adjust my sunglasses in front of a home that I pass frequently.  I remember last year they re-landscaped their front yard and there were these small growing ice plants scattered sparsely next to their drive way.  Today, I realized I had not paid too much attention over the course of the last year, until I stood there I realized the beautiful colors of vibrant purple and yellow flowers that were now covering this large area.  The flowers looked like miniature daisies intertwined with a dazzling violet purple stars.  It took me a few minutes to take it all in and as I slowly continued my journey from there, it made me realize how a great harvest can take place if you sow the right seeds.  In our own lives, we are at times in search of finding what we are most passionate about and look in different locations for that ultimate fulfilling purpose that we know is out there for us.  What we fail to consider sometimes is that the life that we are currently living is part of the seeds that we had sowed some time ago.  If you take a moment to reflect on that alone, you can find answers to your own questions about how you arrived at your current state.  Nothing has been an accident that got you to where you are at, if you think of things a little differently and realize that a good portion of the current destination that you find yourself in has to do with the person responsible for the ultimate navigation.  The caveat I have here is for anyone that is faced with a life threatening illness or has been subjected to personal loss, as we all know that none of those could possibly be the results of one's own planning.  What I have also come to realize for my own life is that finding solutions or alternative locations for the place that you really want to be, is an ongoing journey. One must first begin with acceptance of where you are at, in order to realize that if a change is needed then it must transcend from the place that you happen to find yourself in.  Some good reminders of this philosophy lie in finding inspirational material that reminds us that if you can change your thinking, then you can change your life.  I know full well that if you cannot change your inner voice, then it becomes even more difficult for you to believe the actual words that can come out of your mouth.  Aligning your thinking with the right actions, can not only get you to your desired outcome, it can make your life a lot more peaceful.  So if your outside thinking and inside thinking are not matching up, then I say it is a great opportunity to plant some new seeds, that will ultimately yield the right harvest for you.  Do not be discouraged by anything that may have occurred in the past and don't be defined by any of those prior circumstances.  One can transcend far beyond what one can imagine, all you need is some faith in yourself along with the right thinking to get your actions to follow.  Look forward towards the harvest that is awaiting you ahead and consider this time a period of introspective thoughts that will formulate the right solutions for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment