Sunday, November 2, 2014

Falling Into Place

I saw a great quote yesterday that spoke about when things seem to be falling apart, they may actually be falling into their rightful place.  One can make the case for it all being a matter of perspective.  This resonated with me quite strongly, as I could immediately think about the many instances when I felt that I was in charge of figuring things out and caused myself unnecessary stress along with plenty of anxious moments in all of those plans.  What I have definitely learned over the course of my lifetime has been that we have to let things go sometimes and let the planning along with the execution to take place with some strong Divine intervention.  I can think of numerous times when I kept myself up at night trying to figure out the next chess move in my own life, only to be disappointed when things turned up in a different manner.  I no longer feel so compelled to feel that ultimate control in my life when it comes to seeking a particular outcome that I may feel so attached to.  What works for me has been a a strong sense of belief that the ultimate things that will benefit me, will occur in the way that they need to happen.  Having lots of faith and a strong foundation of prayer life, have gotten me far beyond where I thought I would end up on many occasions.  In retrospect, when I think of the periods of time when things may have been falling apart, it truly was an intended time when some things really needed to fall into their appropriate place.  Many of us can certainly identify when we hoped and wished for a specific outcome and although it may not have happened the way we wanted it to, we later could agree that the right outcome was the best for us in the long run.  Our world these days is filled with the sense of immediacy that can create this perpetual environment filled with unrealistic expectations.  We always seem to be behind with time and having fast solutions to all things has become a way of life.  We really have to step back sometimes and realize that having those introspective moments that cause us to meditate about our wants along with needs, can sometimes be more therapeutic than we thought.  What I now realize about my own life, is that being quiet and concentrating on the lesson that is presented to me, can cause a lot more benefit in how to proceed with same or similar circumstances in the future.  Our biggest dilemma with our existing world is that we all feel the need to speed things up, regardless of how much our own life experiences have taught us about the double edged sword of immediacy.  Just because things come in a fast form, doesn't always mean they will have the best quality.  When you think about a precious stone such as a diamond, think of the many years that it took for that piece of coal to transform into that majestic and valuable stone.  In our world, we are very good about gravitating towards outcomes and we are bombarded with media that constantly tells us that faster is better.  However, I think we should seek a life filled with more quality along with the right amounts of quantity, which will be different for every person due to our unique individuality.  Remember that although a storm in our life can seem disorienting and can cause us to wonder where things may be falling next due to the severity of the situation, try to keep your own perspective about things and remember that all of the things that are happening to you can ultimately be what was needed in order for everything to fall into its rightful place.  Things that fall into place may  not appear that way initially, however, we must have strong faith that our best and most fulfilling moments are still ahead of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment