Wednesday, May 30, 2012

When I was young and in school I remember thinking that the school day and the school year lasted way too long.  I would daydream about being older and no longer having to meet school deadlines. I think we all had those thoughts about completing school and not having to study, while realizing the freedom to do as you pleased.  When I look at my life now, I always seem to be learning something new and realize that learning is part of the evolution of my life.  It has become second nature to inform myself of new philosophies, technology or things that help me become more efficient.  When I talk to people that have retired, I am always amazed to see how busy they seem to be and have very little down time.  For the most part, they are engaged in activities that allow them to continue to learn new things.  I am resolved to know that the learning process will continue and that wisdom continues to be the result of this work.  Knowledge is power and our minds need to be nourished in order to achieve higher results.  Remember to always keep learning, keep reading and keep your mind toned with an active regimen.  This could be one of the keys to keeping ourselves young at heart for as long as we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment