Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I was driving through a neighborhood today and as I sat at a stop light, I noticed a park with some baseball diamonds and people playing a game that did not look like baseball.  I drove a little closer and parked for a few minutes and realized that it was an adult kickball league.  I could not believe what I was watching.  I had not seen anyone play kickball since I was in elementary school.  The people playing were having such a great time and everyone was rooting for each other as the players rounded the bases and scored runs.  I thought to myself how wonderful is this?!  As a adults we always seem to miss an opportunity to enjoy a moment that brings us pure joy.  We like to plan things and sometimes the best moments in our lives happen without the best laid plans.  Today was a perfect example of a group of people that were doing something for pure enjoyment and fun, while it must have contained some planning, the fun part was probably not on an agenda.  The icing on the cake for these people was that they were also getting good exercise in the process.  I think we need to challenge ourselves to do those things that reinvigorate us and allow ourselves to have these types of moments.  We must remember that a joyful heart can increase our longevity and more importantly our quality of life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment