Monday, July 16, 2012

I recall when I was in my teenage years that I could fall asleep at a drop of a dime and for hours on end.  I was thinking about those years not too long ago when I was getting up at six o'clock in the morning on a Saturday.  My first thought was, what happened to the days of sleeping in?  So many things have changed, including age, I guess.  However, I do see a very big difference in how I approached a day from my youth until now.  I see a significance and importance in a day, that I had not seen as a younger person.  I am grateful for having good enough health to be able to enjoy the day and feel for those people that are struggling with illness where they may be confined to a bed.  Although I have an internal agenda that wants to accomplish so many tasks daily, I allow myself to stop every so often to take things in and enjoy what is around me.  Whether it is the morning clouds drifting by gently adding coolness and moisture to the ground around me or walking in a breeze that lifts my energy along with my spirit, I am grateful for all of it.  I have also learned to remember to be grateful even if you are going through a challenge and things are particularly difficult.  This is when we have to be even more diligent in having gratitude.  Your effort and demeanor in a challenging time allows you to walk away from it with grace and appreciation for the better periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment