Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One of the challenges that can come with age is is how our body parts seem to wear down and all of a sudden we are faced with aches and pains that nobody ever warned us about.  I sometimes laugh out loud to myself, when all of a sudden the simplest of things can be a little more complicated because of years of wear and tear.  I jokingly tell friends that nobody gave me a "body manual" when I was younger to guide me on the unexpected changes that occur with us as we get older.  The way I see it, is that you can either let it consume you or you can adjust your mind and body to the new normal.  I find that it is no different than what we go through in life, in that we are not always prepared for the obstacles that come our way.  Yet, our human instinct propels us to acclimate in our circumstance and we begin to lead the charge forward.  Unfortunately, I have also seen some examples of people where the individual accepted a victim mentality and let go of the survivor one.  Although difficult at times, I find that survivors live for another day, while victims may fail to move forward because they are still holding on to their past.  We all know that an attribute of youth is that the mind and body fires on all cylinders.  Then time changes our speed along with the physical resiliency that we were accustomed to.  I try not to lose sight of the need to celebrate that my mind is filled with a lot more knowledge as a result of the years behind me.  This can provide for a new perspective on what an issue may have been and can make the difference between surviving and thriving.  Consider that you are made up of all of those years that you can now claim as your life experience.  Never forget that it is all within you, you are simply learning to adjust to your new packaging.  Finally, remember to turn your surviving years to prosperous ones, by changing your view and giving yourself credit for the many years that it has taken you to get to this stage in life.      

No comments:

Post a Comment