Saturday, April 6, 2013

This morning was moving rather slowly for me, as it appeared that my timing was very much in sync with the gloomy weather outside.  It was dark and cloudy which is the perfect backdrop for having a steamy cup of coffee while curling up with the morning newspaper.  As the day went along the clouds began to lift and soon after I was doing some research online, when I coincidentally ran into the title of a song which I had not heard in quite a long time.  After looking it up on a website and hearing it for a few moments, I was instantly taken back several years to the time when the song was its most popular.  It awakened me from the inside out.  Before I knew it I was running around my house picking up things and cleaning up my patio as I heard the song play in the background.  I was so motivated by the song that I decided to make a purchase online and buy the song for about one dollar.  I can honestly say that this purchase as minimal as it was, made me feel great as I added the track to my MP3 player that I use to go walking.  After I returned from running errands, I kept gravitating to the fact that we can all do something consistently that may appear somewhat minimal, which can get our inner spirit to feel full of joy.   I can think of many of these instances when this feeling can be captured, such as; looking at old photos, re-reading old letters or picking up one of your favorite books as you re-read a favorite chapter.  Communicating with those that make your heart feel happy is another great mechanism for raising your level of joy.  We have to remember that a recipe for a well balanced life should be very similar to a well balanced meal.  I have said this previously, however, I think it bears repeating.  Your day should look like a well balanced diet filled with proportionate amounts of inspiration, education, reflection, communication and laughter, to ensure that you the scales in your life are not weighted so much towards one side.  Think about the things that bring you those feelings of positive energy and happiness and begin to catalog them so that you can refer to them as needed.  Do something every day that brings a smile to your face and leaves your heart feeling full, even if it is just for a short period of time.  Whether your day is slow moving or fast paced, remember that you are in charge of it and the quality of your day depends upon how you orchestrate it into a well balanced fruitful existence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment