Saturday, October 26, 2013

Why Poor Behavior Shows Up

I periodically hear someone around me that I can tell has an issue with their past that they have not dealt with completely.  Earlier this week I made such an observation and I felt bad for that individual whose outward emotions tend to get the better of them.  When people react in a very defensive manner and then begin the rapid process of providing you with justifications as to why they are doing this, it becomes a good opportunity for the receiver of this information to take a step back.  Some individuals are not ready to make amends with a prior issue and as a result carry those deep rooted feelings with them at all times.  The manifestation of this can occur periodically when they lash out at someone and proceed to use their insecurity as a force field of sorts, to keep others away.  I learned a long time ago that one should never take anything personally and when such examples occur around me, I acknowledge what is being presented to me and then I step aside to allow this behavior to proceed without me.  I have also come to learn that if you are not party to the audience, similar to when a child throws a tantrum, then the individual does not have enough demonstrative power to envelope everyone around them.  It has taken many years of practice, however, it has been a well lesson learned that has given me peace of mind through out my adult years.  If you find yourself in situations where this gets presented to you at times, use your awareness of the situation to understand what it is and to not be bothered by those exhibiting this behavior.  Whether it is someone you know or a friend or perhaps a relative that may have these episodes at time, understand that they have far greater issues than what appear before you.  Don't ever lower your own expectations for yourself and keep your strength along with your attitude at the place that it should be, up high where it belongs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment