Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Good Laugh And A Long Nap

I saw a quote that caught my attention earlier this week that captivated my thinking for some time afterwards.  It alluded to the fact that sometimes we just need some levity in our lives along with a nice nap afterwards to feel happy and content.  I immediately thought about being in kindergarten class in elementary school, where we actually took a nap as part of our daily curriculum.  I remember I was one of those kids that could not nap and when we went through this ritual on a daily basis, I would put my head down on the desk, close my eyes and begin to daydream.  As an adult, I now think about a nap as possible respite to a long and busy day or week, which is a luxury if one has the privilege of doing it.  What I find now are the simple things in life that can bring a lot of comfort and relief to an otherwise chaotic life existence.  When I think about the things that make me smile or laugh, there are so many places now via social media that can aid anyone who may have been struggling for a moment of simple joy.  There are a multitude of videos that follow a funny cat, laughing baby, cute dog, or other entity that can instantly bring a smile to your face and let you forget about any pressing thing in your life.  Sometimes it is an inspiring picture or the words of someone that can make you chuckle, which serve as a reminder that life doesn't have to feel so weighted on one's shoulders.  An interesting aspect to attracting more of what you want to your life, is that it does begin to manifest itself on a more consistent basis and all of sudden you realize that there are many moments that are then filled with the things that you wanted.  Whether it is more happiness, joy or inner peace to name a few, one can begin to live a life at any time that can be tailored to enhance such aspirations.  You just has to be diligent about the things that you want in your life and speak along with write the words that you want to self fulfill.  Don't be detracted by any naysayers, as there are many people in this world who live to see others fail at something, while they await the opportunity to tell you "I told you so".  Those are not the people that you need around you and if there is any negativity coming towards you from anyone, learn to filter those individuals out.  In the long run, you will be heading towards and achieving the things that you really want out of your life, if you remain true to your purpose and destiny.  Remember that the simplest of things that can bring the most joy and followed by a light nap afterwards may be a recipe worth passing to others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment