Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Challenging Seasons

The weather these days reminds me that nature is going through its natural cycles of bringing the world its varied seasons as we in the Northern Hemisphere tangle with summer, while our Southern Hemisphere counterparts are contending with cozy winter weather.  When you think about how we can be simultaneously opposite in experiencing life via these changing intervals, one can either enjoy the period that they are in or look forward to the pending transition in the coming months.  As I thought about this further, I was reminded about how we go through our own seasons where at times they can be filled with turmoil that can make us lose our self confidence in that everything will be alright.  We have all contended with illness, losing a loved one or other type of issue that caused us a heavy heart at some point in our lives.  During those instances one can feel somewhat alone and disconnected to the rest of the world.  However, as human beings we can all connect to each other when these types of occurrences materialize in our life.  This is one of the binding qualities of our humanity, in that we all feel the same emotions as others.  Whenever something occurs in my life, age has taught me that many others have gone through what I have encountered or even to a more severe degree.  I have learned that an expedient way to overcome this is to take myself out of the equation of feeling sorry and turning that emotion into something more positive, by aiding someone else in their time of need.  One does not have to look too far to realize that others have far more deeper issues in life to contend with.  This also why I find the state of being grateful to be of an ongoing perpetual emotion for me.  No matter what the day brings in my own life, I know that others may be climbing a mountain where the summit is far beyond what their eyes can see.  When we live long enough to see the many changing seasons in our own life, we can look forward to the wisdom that comes with all of those passing cycles.  Interestingly, I find that the storms that used to shake my foundation to its core, are no longer as powerful as I felt them when I was younger.  I stopped giving permission to that influence that caused fear or other destructive thinking.  I now know that I can determine how I can walk through a storm and I am fully aware that regardless of the issue, I am constantly grateful for everything that is part of my life.  The next time you feel that you are out in the middle of a deep ocean like an isolated ship in a whirlwind of stormy weather, keep in mind that nothing lasts forever.  Be cognizant that others are facing even stronger hurdles than yourself and change the momentum of those ill feelings by coming to someone else's aid in their time of need.  When we allow ourselves to not be the center of our own attention, we can then allow for the much needed developments to occur around us.  Seasons come and go, with each one of them bringing their own unique weather patterns that may have a lasting impact on our lives.  Remember to look beyond what is in front of you and with a grateful heart, as you look forward to the clearing new period up ahead.        

No comments:

Post a Comment