Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another year older, that is where I find myself today.  It is hard to remember everything that transpired over the last year.  When I think about it in the sense of an inventory, I remember lots of happy moments, some inspirational ones and others that had a sad moment or two.  Luckily, I have gotten a lot better over time at holding onto the memories of things that add fulfillment to me.  I have worked on letting go all of the things that I have little or no use for.  When I think about a time that was not so pleasant, I remember the lesson and feel resolved to move on.  Some days it is easier than others to do this, however, age and wisdom has given me less tolerance for the things that are less important.  I am thankful for the many friends and family that are part of my life along with their wonderful support.  I wish others that seek this, would know how it feels like.  If I were a kite, I believe that there would be a number of people holding onto the string as they saw and encouraged me to fly.  To those people that have held the string for me over the years, I am deeply grateful to all of you.  Birthday wishes come but once a year and I have many to keep me thinking happy thoughts for at least another 364 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment