Saturday, June 9, 2012

I had a paperweight once that said, "Autograph Your Work With Excellence".  I had this for many years, until one day a friend stopped by to see me and they admired it, so I ended up giving it to them.  I have not forgotten the words which for me always  transcended work.  The reminder for me was that I should autograph my life, not just work, with excellence.  Quality is something that you can associate with excellence as it speaks to the level or grade that is above average.  The walk towards this for me began with doing little things right.  You don't have to take giant steps in order to show great advances in excellence.  Other elements associated with this can include being; genuine, kind, humble, or respectful.  There are many more characteristics and some people are better at exercising some versus others.  We have to remember that we are unique human beings and that means unique traits that come with us.  It can be a rocky road at times, as we may lose a step or perhaps step backwards.  However, once you have begun the journey, it continues and you will find that you can never go back.  If we had more people emanating some of these characteristics on a consistent basis, we would be so much more balanced.  Take small steps on a daily basis and before long you will find that you have in fact made large leaps forward.    

No comments:

Post a Comment