Friday, September 7, 2012

The definition of the word "serenity" means; The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.  Not only do I like the way this word sounds when I vocalize it out loud, I am very attracted to its definition.  I don't know of anyone who would not want more of this in their lives.  Although it may sound like an impossible task at times, I believe that we are more than capable of attracting this in larger quantities.  At the beginning of each day, I seek to have some moments dedicated to acknowledging what is working well in my life.  There is always something that I can appreciate having, versus what I don't have.  As I was having a conversation with a friend of mine earlier this week, we were both reminded of how much we have to be grateful for, as we discussed an acquaintance that was having some troubling health issues.  It only takes a moment like that to bring to mind that although one can have moments that are troubling or at times challenging, they do not compare to what others are going through.  When you have a moment to do some reflection, enable yourself to let go of the things that are running through your mind that cause you consternation and take in the peace that you do have during that juncture in your day.  Live to bring more balance to your daily living and as you reflect more consistently on the many things that are positive.  Spending more time to counterbalance any negative emotions will provide for less time for you to feel uneasy.  Attract more serenity as the days come forward and your pursuit of inner peace can be a more tangible goal as a result.  The world can be tumultuous at times and very quickly peace can shift into chaos.  Arm yourself with the proper tools for when those periods come at you, you are able to navigate them swiftly while your balance remains in tact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment