Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When I was young there used to be an instant coffee commercial that had a slogan, "celebrate the moments of your life".  I was recalling this earlier and it made me think about how prolific that simple slogan actually was.  We rarely take time out in our daily lives to celebrate those moments that mean something to us.  If we are looking for moments filled with meaning, we should begin by seeking to identify some of the more simple one's that have much value to all of us.  It can begin when you have a moment that you think of something that made you laugh some time ago and when you think about it today, it still brings a smile to your face.  Perhaps it is when someone pays you a compliment and catches you by surprise.  Some days can be tougher and I even look for the opportunity when a driver lets me on the freeway or allows me to merge without trying to pass me first.  On another occasion I remember waiting for a light to change, while the driver next to me was singing along to a song they were listening to on the radio.  The driver was completely oblivious to all of us around and you were able to see how happy he was in that moment.  Singing in the car and dancing along to a song is close to my heart as I remember doing that when I was younger and somewhat surprised when car passed me and the driver began clapping for me.  All of these great moments still live on with me as I intersperse them into my day to remind myself of the many faces that happiness has.  I hope that you take the time to re-energize your life by seeking some new moments or by recalling those that made your heart feel good at one time.  I believe we can all benefit from celebrating more moments that enrich our days and fill up our lives with renewed energy along with an added smile to make those moments last even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment