Monday, October 29, 2012

People have heard the term an army of ants and one can immediately picture a swarm of these insects collectively marching together.  As I was watching a somewhat medium to large size army of these today, I noticed the precision in which they followed each other as they walked in a synchronized manner carrying out their objective.  I happened to be at a gas station when I noticed this stream going through the middle of a concrete island that had a crevice large enough for these critters to make it a home of some sorts.  What appealed to me was that they looked determined and resolved in how they executed their work, as they were part of a well oiled machine with precision seeking to reach a goal.    As I smiled at the thought that I could certainly learn something from them, I kept thinking, everyone around me could take a few pointers as well.  We have our best laid plans that we all seek to accomplish and as straight and narrow as we are determined to walk a particular line, we can get detracted from our goals.  Life is a great equalizer to the best constructed tactic that one can come up with.  This is why one has to be determined to not be swayed from the intended direction and ultimate destination.  Adjustments have to be made, as in my example of my friends in the ant colony, when they walked into any type of obstruction, they all collectively changed course in a quick amount of time as they all learned the new path that was now in front of them.  As you walk towards your goals and seek to take those steps that can get you closer, remember that it is okay to veer off course as long as you remain determined.  How you get there and what types of different calibrations you may have to make to your journey, is entirely up to you.  The bottom line is that you keep walking forward and eliminate any distractions that may alter your course entirely.  In the end, your goal may be more near to you than you think as an altered path can sometimes make the trip a little shorter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment