Saturday, November 10, 2012

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  This has been a classic phrase that has stood over the years and many have provided various examples of this in their lives.  While doing some research this afternoon I ran across a website that asked, "What are the five most beautiful things in front of you?".  The question was meant to explore beauty that is not hidden and visible to all.  More importantly, the fact that one may be overlooking something that has great magnificence instead of seeking a grand gesture of attraction, may cause someone to miss this opportunity.  I like to look at the small things that can behold beauty, as nature always reminds me of the great canvass in which it paints its scenery.  When I look at a delicate flower that is blooming all by itself and in a bold vivid color, I am always amazed that this was created so meticulously.  In our busy lives, it is easy to forget that many small things with great features are at our fingertips on a consistent basis.  I also surround myself with lots of pictures of my family, friends and places that inspire me, so that I am constantly reminded about those moments of beauty that were captured on a particular day.  We all have great photographs that are usually stored away in an album in a storage area somewhere and it is interesting that we forget to revisit them on a more frequent basis.  I have a good friend who has a great tradition of celebrating birthdays with her grandchildren.  She takes out all of their pictures on their birthday and they look at how much they have grown over the years, while eating a piece of homemade cake that was specially made for them.  I love that one can revisit those objects of beauty and create a tradition along with them.  I encourage you to look for your five things that behold beauty and I also hope that you take this inventory at different locations.  Use this instance to celebrate the blessings around you and provide yourself with the opportunity to have more abundance in your life as a result.    

No comments:

Post a Comment