Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This afternoon, I ran across a great article that spoke to the fact that your home is a reflection of yourself and is your source of your support.  The actual article is titled; "Change Your Home; Transform Your Life", by Laura Carlin & Alison Forbes.  As I read the rest of this piece it discussed how our home or where we live is a true reflection of may be happening in your life.  It made me wonder a bit about the days when I get home from work late or just tired, that I don't feel like cleaning up after myself in the kitchen or picking up the newspaper that I just finished reading.  When this happens I quickly convince myself that I would be doing myself a great favor by picking up or cleaning up right then, as I jump over the potential hurdle of procrastination.  I sat thinking about the rest of the rooms in my house where some offer complete order and then there those areas that can use some sifting and perhaps throwing things away.  I think the term Spring Cleaning is not really meant for a once a year activity.  Cleaning a closet or perhaps the drawer that is filled with what you thought were documents that may be important one day, are more than likely things that you have not looked at since the day you made that statement.  If you live in a cluttered space and you are losing things like your keys, remote controls or other often used items, then perhaps it is time to add a little dose of order.  I think we can all use more of this in our lives and if you have things that are always getting in the way because you are waiting for the right day to take action, then pick a day this week and put some of this on your short term goal list.  I also went through a process not too long ago, where my bank sent me some information about decreasing personal debt.  They asked some good questions that made me do some research with regard to knowing what you pay for in interest rates on your personal credit cards or lines of credit.  I had not realized it until I went through all of my accounts that there were some glaring differences.  This revelation would be a catalyst to help prevent me from making decisions about which accounts needed to get paid off first and then not making any further purchases due to eliminate higher than average interest rates.  Since where we live and how we maintain that space can have a direct correlation to our state of being, then I certainly encourage everyone to take another look at where you can make those needed changes.  If we had a place to come home to that was clear and uncluttered, then perhaps we could also sleep better at night knowing that our lives are closer to achieving the state of true balance.    

No comments:

Post a Comment