Monday, February 18, 2013

To meditate can be defined as the following: continued or extended thought; reflection; contemplation.  These days you find many websites that are dedicated to helping people achieve a higher state of this, as this practice provides plenty of positive residual effects.  You have to wonder if this is so popular, maybe there is something to be said about this line of thinking.  The practice of yoga, has also achieved rock star status in the world as people are gravitating not only to a new way of exercising their bodies, in addition, there are those that want to fill a spiritual void in the process.  The way I look at it, I believe that we can always use more tools to flex when it comes to achieving a mind, body and spirit balance.  I have not yet gone to take a yoga class, however, it is on my to do list in the imminent future.  I personally enjoy going for walks outside and I find that this period of time, is part of my own meditative process.  I feel fulfilled when I see nature at work outside and all around me.  Among these moments are when I walk by a place where one day a calla lily is barely blossoming and the next day it is fully developed looking up to the sky, while exuding a content quality as it takes its place on nature's stage.  Perhaps on a different day it is a hovering hummingbird that I see gliding over blossoming flowers as it marches on as a soldier in nature's army.  All of these types of things frequently make my day. The examples are many, as every day brings me a different experience that I thoroughly enjoy.  My mind set was established some time ago, when I realized that I needed to be more determined to enjoy lots of little things through out a day or week, as I began to string these experiences together in my pursuit of daily abundance.  It is interesting as time has gone by with regard to how much I am able to filter in a given day, similar to a fisherman who throws out a net hoping to catch more than one fish.  Comparable to when you work out your muscles and they begin to get toned, so too does your muscle that focuses on exercising harmony along with balance in your daily life.  Remember to take advantage of those down periods in your day, when you can give yourself these opportunities to reflect on something that has brought you some joy, as you fill up your inner tank with those things that will add happiness and longevity to your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment