Friday, October 4, 2013

Perspective

There have been interesting times through out my life, when I put a lot of pressure on myself to achieve something.  Deep down somewhere inside of me, I could envision what I wanted and how I could get there.  I believe this was one of the many qualities that I inherited from my mother and grandmother, in that they instilled in me that I could achieve anything with hard work.  Interestingly, that formula still stands the test of time.  However, once you get to a certain age, you become more calculated in what you are willing to sacrifice for.  When I see the world around me, the pressures that exist among the younger generations appears to be monumental at times.  For people that were born after the year 2001, they have grown up with the awareness of terrorism and how other parts of the world disagree with our American views and values.  There are also issues with cyber terrorism and so many other countless forms that induce harm.  All you have to see is the first twenty minutes of the evening news, as the majority of it is filled with all of the things that should bring caution or fear to many.  This is why we need to do our best to create a filter for those things that are informational and not to be digested.  The weight of the world on anybody's shoulders would cause tremendous strain and discomfort.  As humans we can only take so much pressure before we realize that we can be overwhelmed.  One needs to create strategies to counter balance all that exists outside our windows and around our environment.  A good strategy could begin by accepting where you happen to be.  Acknowledge that you are not where you may want to be ultimately, however, there should be a plan or strategy for how you will move from this stage.  Sometimes we walk through a time that tests our will and determination, while we learn something about that experience.  Never think that things cannot change, because everyday is anew and with the rising sun and early chirping of the birds outside your window, you are given a new clean slate every twenty four hours.  Think about the many instances where you found yourself in those situations that you felt were insurmountable and look at how far you have come since then.  Time can be a great ally in helping you change perspective and further grow into the person that you were meant to be.  Remember that pressures from life, work, school or family will always be there, however, it is up to you in how to face those pressures.  Greet all of it with a smile and think about the possibilities that can occur.  Don't get lost in the noise or listen to that negative voice in your head or from others.  Step forward and know that your best is yet to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment