Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Although inspiration can come from that which speaks to you, our lives become so busy that we may fail to see those little things that can add up to great joy.  A few days ago I was outside watering my plants and I had a small red crested hummingbird fly right in front of me.  It stayed and hovered for quite some time and I just smiled as it went about its work.  I was quite awed by this colorful creature who appeared quite fearless and confident as he stared right at me.  I could not help but freeze and take the moment in and laugh at what a great sight this was.  The bird decided to move about the plants and decided he would pay a visit to some blooming flowers, periodically looking back at me as it floated about.  This small moment was so powerful for me that it became part of my daily inspirational inventory.  I keep these moments with me, for those periods when things are less than inspiring.  All of these types of moments strung together provide me the energy to move forward and forget that there are things that are not right in our world. Whether it is a child's laughter, someone at a bus stop that was genuine and kind or a beautiful landscape that brings you this type of inspiration, I suggest you add it to your own personal inventory.  With out question, your days will feel more fulfilled and you will realize how abundant your life truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment