Monday, October 22, 2012

This afternoon I was contemplating the notion of being and giving your best at all times.  When I was thinking about this, I immediately thought about the type of energy that you would exert as you seek to achieve this.  Initially, it can be a challenge to ensure that you are setting your benchmark high enough, so that you learn to operate at this level consistently.  It may mean that you change the way you approach certain things and that you make a concerted effort to adjust your life accordingly.  I can tell you from experience that it took me some time to adjust, as it becomes part of who you are and there are days when that can be challenging.  Although I consider myself a work in progress, I have learned that by adjusting things like my attitude, outlook and prioritizing what is most important to me, it now allows me to filter those things that I see as having less relevance to my life.  I used to beat myself up over not completing tasks within a certain period of time and I learned a long time ago, that there are only so many hours in a day.  As long as I could be honest with myself at the end of each day and I could say that I attempted my best, then it was okay to move the priority of things that may need to get done to the following day.  Practice definitely helps, as you learn to better prioritize your to-do list. The next time you feel over whelmed because you have not finished all that you set out to do, allow yourself to acknowledge that you did your best on that day and take it all in.  Knowing that you will attempt to do your best each day as you work towards achieving your goals, will become second nature to you and before long, the things that used to bother you won't.  Soon enough you will find that your life can be more in balance and that you do not have to sacrifice more of yourself to get there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment