Saturday, February 9, 2013

A shift can happen at any moment that can bring you much needed joy and peace to your heart.  This was the message I heard last week from a minister of a famous church, who had me mesmerized with his frank talk about expecting good things in your life.  His name is Joel Olsteen and he not only has one of the largest congregations in the country, he is a much sought after motivational speaker and life coach.  I love a message that is so full of positive energy that it can fill you up in that moment and allow yourself to feel void free.  There are those people that go through life with their ingrained  philosophy that their glass is half empty.  I am sure that you can recognize who these people are, as they are constantly waiting for validation that when something bad happens, they are the one's to point out that they told you so.  They have been preparing for the worse to come and have a good amount of fear driven decision making that speaks to how they operate.  There is much to be said for being prepared for emergencies and for being a good planner in the event that something out of the ordinary occurs.  However, I am much more attracted to the other people that have lived with the philosophy that their glass is half full.  I learned many years ago to appreciate what little I had and to be respectful of others who may not have as much as I did.  This is attributable to having a great mother and grandmother with solid beliefs and values.  I would also like to think that the glass half full people are always looking for a positive shift to occur in their lives, when something good happens to them that they in part had the ability to manifest it in their lives.  The size of the good things that happen is what I have learned the most about in my recent years, as wisdom has taught me that the littlest of things can mean the most.  I expect something good to happen to me everyday and it is part of my daily motto that walks with me in my daily living. More recently I have also come to the realization that my motto needed to be updated with the added expectation that I may be of use to someone else.  One's talents or gifts should be used to their fullest potential and that is when others around you come into the formula with this expectation.  What ever your philosophy about life is, my hope is that you embrace the good and look forward to those positive things that are coming your way.  As you patiently wait for your breakthrough moment, remember that others can benefit from your talent and if you exercise to use them for others your breakthroughs happen at a much quicker pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment