Saturday, August 31, 2013

Validation Comes In Interesting Forms

When one is in transition or in the midst of personal change, that period can seem to be challenging at first.  Imagine the grueling schedule of someone who is challenging themselves to have better health.  This would mean that quality food choices, exercise and an overall healthy environment all come with that package.  It can take quite a while to change the habits that were created over so many years that aided to one's current state.  There are many instances when one begins a new regime of sorts, where discomfort is more the norm, before results start showing you that you are indeed headed on the right path.  I find this topic always interesting to me, as I continue to be challenged in the area of sustainability of a healthy lifestyle.  For the most part the changes have been occurring and although the results are not immediate, I do feel that I am headed in the right direction.  What I find almost funny is the way that accountability works when you choose to make such changes.  For me, I always run into people that see me walking along a hill near where I live. I have had people at a grocery store tell me to keep it up, as they have seen me on more than one occasion.  Then I have others who I sometimes run into while on my path, that stop to tell me that I am doing well and also to keep it up.  This has happened so many times now, that I cannot keep track anymore.  The latest was this morning when at the checkout stand at a local store the cashier told me she saw me walking earlier today.  I believe that these karmic situations of validation, is the energy of what I have put forth that is returning to me and telling me via these individuals that I need to keep it up.  Some days it is not so easy and sometimes my thoughts gravitate towards the possibility of waiving my exercise routine for the day.  Then low and behold, I recall these people who have crossed my path and then I almost feel guilty in that I do not want to disappoint any of them if I should run into them in the near future.  It is amazing that if it were left up to me, I could disappoint myself without any problem or hesitation.  However, the moment that you bring in other people that I now have some type of responsibility to, then it all changes.  I simply accept that these individuals who periodically validate my behavior are part of what I have set into place. I am aware more than ever that I must continue and complete what I set out to do.  I may not get there as quickly as I would want to, however, I feel that the destination has been programmed and it will be a matter of time before I arrive at that destination.  When you set goals for yourself that reflect transformation, look for those beacons of light that will be placed in your path to validate that you are indeed headed in the right direction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment