Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whispers From The Soul

I went for swim in the pool earlier today to cool off from the end of summer heat that seems to be making its presence known.  Initially I swam around for a bit and then I landed at one end of the pool where the gentle warm breeze swept over me as the rustling of the trees overhead  seemed to dance among this harmony.  I had thoughts that were running inside my head at first about what I need to get done before I go back to work after being off for a few days, however, as I dipped my head below the water for a moment and everything simply became quiet.  I could only hear the breeze flowing among the rustling leaves and as I came back up and saw a two small hawks riding the unstable air currents above me.  I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to continue to meditate and closed my eyes as I just floated there taking everything in.  I began with being appreciative of the fact that I have the luxury of not going to work for a few days and recognized that not everyone has that opportunity.  Aside from feeling grateful, I also tried to listen to what else came from deep inside of me that I needed to pay attention to.  I call this the whispers from the soul moments that we all get, however, many times we are bit too busy to keep calm and just listen.  All of us have the power to solve most of our own problems, with some exceptions.  Ideally, if we paid more attention to the right things that our own soul is trying to convey to us, more than likely we would be moving in the direction that brings us most peace and harmony.  I know that everyone struggles with listening to that inner voice that tries to help us handle most situations. What I find happens is that if the information that is not to our own liking, we tend to ignore it for some time.  However, if you find yourself getting that same message in the most quiet periods of your day or evening, then you would do well to pay it more attention.  In order to live a more conscience life that is well balanced, we have to do our best to provide that platform in order for us to be able to have lift off.  Pay attention to the whispers that are trying to guide you and give yourself the opportunity to grow in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment