Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Living is learning.  I was contemplating this today as it reminded me that we are never done learning.  We may complete high school or college and attain a degree that says we have achieved a higher education. However that is just the beginning for a lot of us and we still continue on the road to learn more.  I know there are a lot of graduates recently that have achieved a milestone and I am sure their first thoughts relate to not studying anymore.  This is true to an extent. As books are not necessarily their next course of study, it becomes life that must be learned.  When you begin a new job, you learn the role and responsibility that comes with that.  Life is one of the few things that there is no road map for or a manual in particular.  We walk forward with the knowledge and guidance achieved in life, school and the wisdom our parents imparted to us.  I believe we learn a lot by trial and error, much the same like we did when we were very young.  The exception is that the consequences can be greater as an adult.  Therefore we must be diligent in being careful about our choices and remember that we continue on the learning curve as we grow older.  I enjoy learning new things, as there is much I have not yet discovered.  It is part of why life remains interesting for me and why when I get up in the morning I am determined to add a little more knowledge while enjoying the wisdom that I have attained thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment