Sunday, February 8, 2015

Your Inner Song

I had a great morning a couple of weeks ago and although I thought about writing down my experience right away, it has taken me a bit longer to recoup my memory of that unique wintry day.  As I was working on pruning flowers and plants outside, I kept hearing the loud chirps of the many birds that make the trees in front of my house their home.  I also have a hummingbird feeder out on my balcony, as they are my favorite bird for a variety of reasons and this morning there would be a periodic hover made by several of them as I toiled outside.  Over the years I have come to recognize the chirp and sounds from a hummingbird as they are very distinct and this morning there was one particular bird that was sitting on the smallest of branches not too far from where I was.  After a period of time I came inside the house and was watching the bird through my glass door as I noticed that it flew right into my balcony.  It then proceeded to sit on a string of outdoor lights that are close to the door and faced towards me.  Immediately it began to make squawking noises and began to belt out a song in its unique chirpy voice, which simply was entrancing.  As I walked towards the balcony and looked at it through the glass door, I could see it very vividly with the most beautiful garnet red colored head flashing in the sun, as it tilted its head and continued its song.  I was surprised that it did not scare away from me, although I was still on the other side of the door and even though it periodically looked at me, his or her song kept warbling on as loud as its tiny lungs allowed it to.  Not only did the experience bring a smile to my face, I marveled at the passionate song that this charming creature performed for me as another lesson from nature was clearly becoming evident.  My immediate thoughts turned to the song that all of us have inside of us, that holds the type of passion that would allow us to feel exuberant about what life in the moment means for everyone.  This reflection made me think about the many things that we are all ardent about and if we could write a song that clearly communicated those emotions, I wondered what would that sound like to the rest of the world?  As humans we don't necessarily chirp, however, we use words to express our feelings while we sometimes add melodies to lyrics in order to transform the two into a meaningful song.  Everyone has things that they are deeply passionate about and our journey through life can take us to different instances, when those things are more greatly manifested than others.   If you were to ask individuals many would tell you that their family, religious beliefs or some other personal cause may be the specific reason that they feel they were born and connected to their purpose for being here.  For me I know that time continues to alter the things that I am passionate about, which I believe is a good thing.  What was an important cause for me as a youth has continued to evolve with my thinking and exposure to the rest of the world.  We are formed by the life experiences that we have had and that is part of the uniqueness in all human beings.  What would be ideal for all of us as we try to make sense of a world that can sometimes appear to be in total chaos, is that we minimize the noise that is externalized around us and listen to our inner song to help guide us in the direction that we were meant to be.  I do hope that people pay closer attention to what their internal song is, as I know that many may waive off that sound as something, but they are not quite sure what it is.  Passion is inside all of us and when you do things that bring a smile to your face along with making you feel better about who you are without an audience around you, can be a revelation about what your internal fervent reasons for being are.  The next time you pass by a chirping feathered creature, remember that they may be reminding you of something with great meaning about nature and life itself.  Perhaps they were placed in your path as as a simple reminder about the anthem that is waiting to manifest from you.  In your quiet moments., listen for your song to guide and reveal more about who you really are as you embrace the beautiful melodies that have been waiting for your acknowledgement.  Life can be more vivid, bright and full of joy, if you decide to have that expectation.  Remember that you are the author of your own life and the song inside of you is determined by the person who writes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment